The mission of the Department of Biological Sciences and Agriculture is to train students in understanding life and its interactions at all levels from biomolecules to the biosphere, and promote production of food, business and employment in a sustainably managed natural environment.
After successful qualification with a B.Sc. in Biotechnology the candidates can find career opportunities suitable in the following fields:
1. Biomedical Engineer
3. Medical Scientist
4. Biological/Clinical Technician
6. Process Development Scientist
7. Bio manufacturing Specialists
8. Drug and pharmaceutical researcher
9. Public funded laboratories
10. Chemical Engineer
11. Environment control officer
12. Food processing Manager
13. Bio-processing industries
A student wishing to be admitted into any of the Biology program under direct entry qualifications must have:
1. Satisfied the minimum entry requirements of the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton.
2. Attained a grade of C+ or above in Biology (or B- or above in Biological Sciences) and a C or above in Mathematics at KCSE level or its equivalent.
3. Passed, in addition, any two subjects at KCSE level or its equivalent from the following list at the minimum grade shown for each subject:
a. Chemistry C
b. Physical Science B
c. Physics C
d. Geography C
The department seeks to be a center of excellence, equipping men and women for faithful and effective service to God, church and society through application of the principles of sound Bible-based Christian education.