The mission of the Department of Biological Sciences and Agriculture is to train students in understanding life and its interactions at all levels from biomolecules to the biosphere, and promote production of food, business and employment in a sustainably managed natural environment.
1. Public Service; Research Officers – KALRO (KenyaAgricultural and Livestock Research Organization).
2. Officers in various extension agencies Agronomist,Livestock Production, Soil Conservation.
3. Agro-forestry, Farm Management, Private Sector;Sectoral Commodity Companies/Agro-Industry, Tea Industry: Agronomy and Factory Management, Coffee Industry, Horticulture, Floriculture, Sugar Factory.
4. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) Project Management Experts.
5. Academic; Graduate Studies: Soil Science, Animal Science, Agronomy, Agroforestry, Agricultural Extension, Plant Breeding, Animal Breeding, Environmental Science, Developmental Studies, And Rural Development.
6. Self-Employment; Small Business Entrepreneurs.
1. Satisfied the minimum entry requirements of the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton.
2. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Animal, Crop and Soil, and Horticultural Science Options must pass KCSE or its equivalent with a minimum grade of C+ in Agriculture and/or Biology and a C in Mathematics, Chemistry, or Physics or C+ in Physical Sciences. UEAB diploma in Agriculture graduates with a C+.
3. Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness must have a C+ average in KCSE or its equivalent in Mathematics or Commerce and any three of the following: Biological Science, Chemistry, Physical Science and Agriculture.
The department seeks to be a center of excellence, equipping men and women for faithful and effective service to God, church and society through application of the principles of sound Bible-based Christian education.