The School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences is among the five Schools in the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton. The School has three departments, namely:
- Department of Education
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Theology and Religious Studies
The Mission of the School is to provide and advance a wholistic quality Christian education, which develops men and women to be earnest seekers of truth and equips them with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes in education, humanities and social sciences for service to God and humanity.
Our vision as a School is to be a leading centre of excellence in higher education and research, producing world-class pastors, teachers, educational administrators, curriculum experts, psychologists, guidance counsellors, social scientists, experts in development studies, musicians, linguists, and public servants equipped with moral virtue.
Department of Education offers a variety of courses, including:
- Diploma of Education
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Master of Education (Educational Administration)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Master of Education (Curriculum and Teaching)
- PhD In Education (Educational Administration)
- PhD in Education (Curriculum and Teaching}
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences has the following courses:
- Bachelor of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts- in Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language
- Bachelor of Arts in French
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Kiswahili
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication with the following options:
- Electronic Media Specialization
- Print Media Specialization
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Geography
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- BA Development Studies
Department of Theology and Religious Studies offers:
- Certificate in Pastoral Theology
- Diploma in Pastoral Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion
It is important to note that Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology is offered in two forms, regular and in-service. The in-service program is an intensive one-month-session program in April, September and November-December tailored for those who are working and would like to continue with their education. The Certificate and Diploma program also have regular and in-service programs. The department is also conducting a Bachelor of Arts Theology and Diploma in Pastoral Theology programs for a group of pastors in South Sudan Union territory at Juba in South Sudan.
The courses offered in the School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences open avenues for the graduates to pursue careers in Non-Governmental Organizations, public and international organizations, and church organizations. The preparation given will also empower those who may want to delve into private practice.
The School has well trained and qualified Faculty members who support the students and ensure the students not only get the guidance they need to complete their studies within the stipulated period, but give them the requisite preparation to meet the emerging challenges of the present time.
We want to thank you for your interest in the programs offered in the School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences and for further information you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +254725496005
Dr. Paul O. Wahonya, PhD