- Category: Students
Students who withdraw from any or all classes and from the Boarding Section during the semester will receive the following refunds on the charges of tuition,
room and meals: 85% refund during the first and second weeks of the semester,
- 75% refund during the third week of the semester,
- 65% refund during the fourth week of the semester,
- 55% refund during the fifth week of the semester,
- 45% refund during the sixth week of the semester,
- 35% refund during the seventh week of the semester,
- 25% refund during the eighth week of the semester.
No refund after the eighth week except in cases of serious illness, accident, or dismissal from school where the necessary Drop Procedure has been completed at the office of the Registrar. The amount of the refund in this case will be determined by the Administrative Board.
Fees once paid will not be withdrawn for personal use.
Transcripts of Credits and Degree Certificates These are issued only when the student's account has been paid in full. The first transcript is issued free; each additional transcript request must be accompanied by KShs. 300.
The student financial aid programme at the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton has been developed to help needy and worthy students registered at the University.
1. Worthy and Needy Student Endowment Fund
This fund was established by the University to benefit worthy and needy students already registered at the University. Individuals interested in this financial aid must meet the following criteria:
- Must have registered with the University for at least three semesters.
- Should have a minimum accumulated GPA of 2.50 and should not be on citizenship probation.
- Should have worked for 600 hours, or an average of 20 hours for 10 weeks in each of those three semesters.
- Application must be submitted a month before the semester for which assistance is sought.
The aid will be granted once a year during the second semester. If you meet the above criteria, you can obtain application forms from the office of the Dean of Students.
2. Virchel and Esther Wood Loan Fund
This fund is specifically for Biology students. More details can be found in the same department.
3. Siphiwe E. Muze Memorial Endowment Fund
This scholarship was established to benefit students pursuing studies in Biological Sciences.
Allocation is made by the Student Financial Aid Committee in consultation with the Dean of the School of Science and Technology and the Chairperson of the Department of Biological Sciences.
To be considered, one should have been at the University for at least three semesters and have an overall GPA of not less than 3.0 in the Biological Science Major.
This scholarship was established in memory of Mrs. Siphiwe E. Muze, former lecturer in the Department of Biological Sciences. Its availability is contingent upon donations from well wishers.
4. Work Programme
The University provides assistance to a limited number of students through the work programme. However, it should be noted that it is not possible for students to wholly rely on the work programme to meet all their financial obligations to the University. Application for the work programme should be made through the Student Labour Office.
5. Literature Evangelist Ministry
Students can earn money towards their University fees by engaging in the Literature Ministry during the holidays, particularly during the Inter-semester session. This can be done in a number of territories in the Eastern-Central Africa Division, and even outside of Africa, e.g. in Scandinavian countries.
6. Bonus Programme
The Bonus Programme has been established by the University to assist students who are members of the Seventh-day- Adventist Church. Those who meet the requirements will be given work by the University. The amount they earn from work will be supplemented by a bonus which will enable the student to meet their tuition fees for the next semester. Students who are interested should see the Dean of Students for further information.
Please Note: The programme is offered in the Inter-Semester Session.