- Category: School of Business
The Department of Management aims to equip management, marketing economics and office administration students with sound business principles and analytical competence in order to be able to identify and accurately define managerial problems, obtain, organize, and interpret relevant data/ information and be able to select and implement decisions efficiently and effectively. The department also aims atÂ integrating business ethics and Christian values.
To nurture students in the Christian philosophy of life and prepare them to become competent, committed, and dedicated managers, marketers, economists and office administrators, in the service of God and humanity.
The Management Department envisions being the leader in promoting world class value driven academics and practical excellence, integrating Christian faith and learning and promoting responsiveness to local and global needs in society in line with Christian philosophy.
The Department strives to attain the following objectives:
- To prepare students for careers in business management, marketing, and office administration
- To train value-oriented students to serve in private business and the church, institutions, and in government
- To inculcate in the students the importance of Christian values in all areas of business studies.
1. Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
2. Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
3. Bachelor of Business Administration in Office
5. Minor in Management
6. Minor in Marketing
7. Minor in Economics
8. Master in Business Administration
In addition to meeting the university entrance requirement, a grade of C in English and C in Mathematics at the KSCE or its equivalent is required in order to pursue a bachelor of Business Administration in Management, Marketing and OfficeÂ Administration.
Students wishing to transfer from other departments of the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton, and have not met the direct entry requirement into the Department as stipulated above, must obtain a mean (average) grade of a C in MATH 111 and 112 andÂ an average of a C+ in ENGL.111, 112 and 113 of the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton.
1. A minimum overall GPA of 2.00 on a scale of 4.00
2. A minimum average GPA of 2.25 for all courses in the business core
3. A minimum average GPA of 2.25 for all courses in the major concentration
4. A minimum average GPA of 2.25 for all courses in the cognates
5. A minimum average GPA of 2.25 for all courses in the electives
6. A minimum average GPA of 2.25 for all courses in the minor area
7. A minimum of 320 working hours/eight (8) continuous weeks of practical experience, in an established company, approved by the department chair-person.
The student must score at least a grade of B- (minus) in practical experience to pass.
PROGRAM-EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of this program, the student is expected to:
1. Define the management/marketing/office administration concepts.
2. Describe the management/marketing/office administration process
3. Explain the marketing/ management/office administration as a process used in business to achieve the set objectives of an organization.
4. Identify the management/marketing/office administration issues.
5. Demonstrate the use of the concepts to solve management problems.
6. Design appropriate solution based on thorough analysis of the problem.
7. Evaluate the appropriateness of the solutions to the management problems
8. Demonstrate the integration of values such as honesty, respect for life, stewardship and integrity in everything they do.
9. Demonstrate respect for self through healthful living that desists from use of harmful substances.
10. Appreciate the importance of team work and the contribution of each team member.
11. Continuously strive for mental excellence, develop intellectual curiosity, and maintain an intense desire to reach the highest level of professional skills and self-reliance.
12. Make positive contribution through responsible citizenry.