- Category: Extension Centres
The University of Eastern Africa, Baraton (UEAB) is an institution of higher learning among a comprehensive global system of Seventh-day Adventist educational institutions. The curriculum provides quality education that will lead to self-actualization, discovery and a critical understanding of the reality. Since its founding in 1980, and a charter on March 28th 1991, (the first of its kind in the country) the university has continued to expand both on enrollment and diversification of academic disciplines in its five schools, namely: Business, Education, Health Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Science and technology
To provide and advance holistic quality Christian education which develops men and women to be earnest seekers of truth and be adequately equipped with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes for service to God and humanity.
To be a leading center of excellence in higher education and research producing world-class professionals equipped with moral virtues.
The university promotes and upholds alcohol, smoke, and drug-free learning environment.
Nairobi Extension Centre is located on Ring Road Kilimani between Argwings Kodhek and Ngong' Roads. Buses and matatus numbers 2, 4w, 8, 24, 46, 56, 102, and 111 ply this route. On Ngong' road, alight at Nakumatt Prestige; On Argwings Kodhek road, alight at Yaya Centre.
The Centre has excellent recreational facilities which can be hired e.g. Swimming Pool and Playing Ground.
Admission is open to any student who desires quality education and is willing to abode by the policies and principles the university stands for. One must, however meet the minimum academic requirements prescribed below:
1. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
a) A minimum mean grade of C+(plus) or its equivalent
b)The entrance requirement for the preferred area of study as set by the respective department
2. Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (A-Level) with a minimum of 2(two) principals and 2(two) subsidiary passes.
3. Diploma holders from recognized institutions are accepted
- Upper Second Class or GPA of 2.70
- Those with other qualifications and a minimum of a two-year working experience may be considered.
Graduate Programmes:(full and part-time)
- MBA Accounting
- MBA Finance
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA Management
- MBA marketing
- MBA Strategic Planning
Undergraduate Programme (Full time)
- BBA Accounting
- BBA Management
- BBA Office Administration
- Bachelor of Business Information technology
- BSc. Software Engineering
- BSc. Networking and Communication Systems
- BEd. School-based
- BA Guidance and Counseling
- BA Development Studies
- BA French
- BA Music
- BSc. Nutrition and Dietetics
- BSc. Hotel Management
Degree Upgrading Programmes (part-time)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Development Studies
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Word Processing
- Data processing
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
Pre-University (2 Semesters)
- KCSE mean grade of C- or C
- A grade of C+ after the course is required for admission into degree programme
Degree programmes take eight semesters on a normal academic load. Diploma takes four semesters and certificate programmes take two semesters.
- 1st Semester: August-November
- Inter-semester: January-March
- 2nd Semester: March-July
For further information, contact:
The Co-ordinator, Nairobi Extension Center
+254 20 208 2858
Office: +254 720 847787