- Category: Admissions
A student wishing to transfer to another department may formally request to do so upon consultation with the chairperson of the current department and that of the new department he/she wishes to transfer to, and on getting written consent from the sponsor/parent/guardian.
1. Students may qualify to transfer to a department by fulfilling the department’s requirements which they did not initially have when they first enrolled at the University.
2. The student must check with the Department Chairperson of the new department who will advise the student whether he/she is qualified to transfer to the new department or not by ensuring that the prerequisites of the department he/she wishes to transfer to have been met.
3. If condition 1 is met, the student should obtain interdepartmental transfer form(s) from the Registrar’s Office and complete it (them) accordingly.
4. When the student has completed the form(s), he/she obtains the signatures of the following:
a) The Chairperson of the Department to which he/she intends to transfer,
b) The Chairperson of the Department from which he/ she is transferring, and
c) The Dean of the School to which he/she is transferring;
5. Return the form(s) to the Registrar’s office for processing.
6. The registrar effects the transfer and informs the student and the affected departments and schools.
Students who have attended other recognized institutions of higher learning must submit complete transcripts of studies. Such credit will not enter into GPA calculation but can be counted toward degree requirements. The following stipulations apply:
1. A grade of C+ or its equivalent or better may be accepted, and the overall GPA on all previous college work must be at least C.
2. All upper-division courses (300 and 400 and above) in the student’s major must be taken at UEAB. Any exception must be approved by Academic Standards Committee.
3. The credits accepted for transfer shall not exceed 30 semester credits. Such credits will not be used to calculate the GPA.
4. Transfer credit may not be accepted until a student has successfully completed one semester in residence.
5. If a transfer student requests a transcript from the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton before he/she graduates, credits from previous institutions attended are not listed on the transcript.
6. Approval by the Academic Standards Committee is required if a student wishes to take any course in another institution while registered at the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton with the aim of transferring the credits to UEAB.
7. Regardless of the number of transfer credits accepted, a student must meet the general residence requirements at the University of Eastern Africa, Baraton.
8. No transfer of credits after a lapse of eight (8) years will be accepted.
1. Each transfer student after one semester of residence at UEAB may apply to the Registrar’s Office for transfer credits. He/she must submit course syllabus or Bulletin sections of his/her previous college or university (if not available in Registrar’s Office) relevant to courses seeking transfer.
2. The Registrar sends a letter to the respective Deans of the schools requesting the processing of transfer credits for those who have submitted the relevant documents (transcripts, course syllabus, bulletin, letter of application, etc.).
3. The Dean of the School, in consultation with the relevant Department Chairperson, recommends to the Registrar the number of credits acceptable for transfer.
4. The Registrar notifies the student the number of credit hours that are transferred. Copies of the letter will be sent to the relevant Department Chairpersons and School Deans.
5. Transfer of credits is effected only after the approval of the Academic Standards Committee.