DATE: OCTOBER 23, 2017
TO: ALL ADMINISTRATORS
FROM: UNIVERSITY SECURITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE.
RE: SECURITY ADVISORY: FROM OCTOBER 20, - 29, 2017
During the said period, the University Security Advisory Committee advices the University Community as follow:
- Everyone should be conscious about verbal utterances, personal security/safety, association, social environment, destination, routes etc.
- Day scholars residing in the community should mind their neighborhood and work together to ensure a safe environment.
- Limit your movements and before you leave please assess the situation. Keep doors locked and secure.
- Avoid sensitive and provoking statements including hate speech and forms of incitement.
- Day students who feel insecure in their residences should contact the Student Affairs department for alternative more secure arrangements.
- Please stock enough food and other needs for the period under reference.
- Off Campus students who are not planning to go home are strongly advised to register with the Security department at the University Main gate.
- Off Campus students are advised to liaise with their land lords and caretakers on the security of their belongings when they are not around.
- You are advised to monitor the events in the public media and university website etc. to determine the appropriate course of action when necessary
- Access the prevailing situations and consider returning back when you feel safe.
- All international faculty, staff and students are expected to remain on campus.
- For emergency please contact any of the following individuals depending on the circumstances:
Name Designation Number
- Pr. Job Rotich Ass. Dean Off Campus 0721747946
- Mrs Collete Baongoli Dean of Women 0728132799
- Mr. Alfayo Ateka Dean of Men 0725472241
- Mr. Wilfred Mugege Dean Off- Campus 0703181773
- Dr. Paul Wahonya DVC SAS 0725496005
- Mr. Peter Korir Head Security 0722805570
- Mr. Noah Ruto Security Department. 0724427824
- Mr. Cleophas Bitok Security Department. 0728959070
- Mr. Amon Chepkwony Corporate Affairs Dept. 0707737361
- AP Baraton Centre Off Campus Security 0724554613
- DAPC,Chesumei S/County Chesumei Sub- County 072566637
Ag Chair, University Advisory Committee
XC: Vice Chancellor
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academics
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Finance
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
All the above
All Bulletin Boards