The School of Education is made up of two Departments. The Department of Educational Administration, Curriculum and Teaching, and the Department of Psychology. It offers a bridging course for Secondary School leavers who did not make it to university yet had potentials to do so; Certificates in Counselling psychology; Diploma in Adult Education; Diploma in Counselling Psychology; Diploma in Education; Bachelor of Arts in Counseling Psychology; Bachelor of Education (Arts); Bachelor of Education (Science); Master of Education; and Doctor of Philosophy in Education.
The School of Education operates on the Seventh-day Adventist world view which holds that God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe and life and is the source of true knowledge. The entrance of sin caused man’s alienation from God; therefore, the restoration of man’s relationship with God is the foundation of Christian education. This leads students into self actualization and to discover and understand the truth through critical thinking.
DEGREES AND DIPLOMAS OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education with specialization in Educational Administration;
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education with specialization in Curriculum and Teaching.
MASTER OF EDUCATION
- Master of Education (MEd) with specialisation in Educational Administration;
- Master of Education (MEd) with specialisation in Curriculum and Teaching.
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Counselling Psychology
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) - Arts
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) - Science
- Minor in Counselling Psychology
- Minor in Health Psychology
- Minor in Psychology
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Diploma in Education
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling Psychology
PRE - UNIVERSITY
- Bridging programme